Treadmills are one of the most common pieces of exercise equipment people buy for their home. Treadmills can help you lose weight and get in shape at home without the hassle of going to a gym. In this review we take a look at the Horizon Fitness T101-04 and the Proform 505 CST treadmills.
Proform 505 CST
Up first is the Proform 505 CST treadmill. This treadmill offers several features designed to deliver fast results no matter what your goals are. You can expect your workouts to be powered by Google Maps and train with Jillian Michaels. The speed and incline controls are handled automatically.
This is an excellent treadmill for those serious about fitness and weight loss. The space saver design allows you to fold the platform up for easy storage when not in use. The quick incline settings raise the platform up from 0 to 10%.
Features for the 505 CST:
- ProShox Lite 3 cushioning to protect your joints
- Space saver design allows you to fold the platform for easy storage
- 6” backlit display which is clear and easy to read
- 15 workout apps built-in designed by a certified personal trainer
- iPod compatible port with a built-in sound system to plug your iPod or MP3 player into
- Intermix Acoustics 2.0 sound system to allow your favorite media to be played through the built in sound system
- 2.5 CHP Mach Z motor which has a self-cooling drive system and reduces noise as it cools the internal components
- 20”x50” large belt which offers ample room to run or walk on.
The weight limit is 300 lbs. for a user and you get a lifetime warranty on the sturdy frame, 25 years on the motor, and 1 year for parts and labor. The display allows you to choose 10 preset quick incline settings and from 1 MPH to 10 MPH quick speed settings.
Horizon Fitness T101-04
Next up is the Horizon Fitness T101-04 treadmill. This model was rated by the Treadmill Doctor as one of the “Best Buys” in its category. The T101 offers a powerful motor which is quiet and stable. The console has Sonic Surround speakers with an MP3 port so you can listen to music through the speakers. The frame doesn’t shake like other treadmills when you run. This model comes with a COOL fit fitness fan to keep you cool while you work, run, or jog. The Feather LIGHT lift makes for easy storage as it has two hydraulic shocks that help you lift and lower the deck when you are ready for a workout.
- 5” green back lit LCD display
- 30 programming options that include manual, 10 step goal, 10 distance speed, and 6 calorie based workouts
- FeatherLight folding with two hydraulic shocks
- Powerful and quiet motor that adjusts immediately to speed changes
- Variable response cushioning that is more flexible up front where your feet land
This treadmill also has a 300 lb. weight limit for users, lifetime warranty on the frame and motor, and 1 year warranty on the parts and labor. This treadmill offers many standard features you need in a treadmill to help you achieve your fitness goals.
Both of these treadmills offer excellent features for models in their class. The cooling fan and variable response cushioning in the T101-04 are quite impressive. Those features put the T101-04 slightly ahead of the Proform 505 CST. The 505 CST however, does use Google Map technology and training from Jillian Michaels and is iPod compatible. Both treadmills fared well in this comparison however, the right choice is up to you and which features you look for in a treadmill. Both have advantages over the other, it is up to you in which one offers a better fit for you specific needs.